9.28.2006

1. A Hummer customer calls me last night - he's from Idaho and traveling in Portland. His H2 is 3 1/2 years old and has 71,500 miles on it and his transmission went out and he feels we should pay for it. Well, sure, I guess that shouldn't happen so I'll look into getting most of his money back. The dealer tells me it's going to be $5,800 to repair it. So I tell the customer that he has two options: 1) I can give him up to $3,000 off of a new vehicle and he can get rid of this one OR 2) I can reimburse him for most of the repair cost (incidentally I can only reimburse up to $5,000, but hey, he shouldn't get off too easily). I told him I needed to speak with the service manager first and then would call him back tomorrow. I needed to speak to the service manager to see if he would just file the paperwork off to GM so we could pro-rate it and make everything easier on the customer. Turns out today, that after I spoke with this asshole last night he goes and sells the vehicle and buys a new Hummer, and just has them add $6,000 on to his loan to pay for the cost of the repair. He thinks that's what I told him to do, which I would NEVER do because then I can't reimburse him. Service manager found out this morning was pissed and chewed out the sales guys for being stellar dumbfucks. Then the customer calls me pissed as hell and I have to tell him there's nothing I can do because it's a fucking loan with a lean holder and I can't touch that. Why don't people a) listen b) not make such hasty decisions and c) realize that once you sign a fucking piece of paper, NOTHING but fucking NOTHING changes it - with the exception of long, drawn-out, time-wasting court battles that cost more than the money in question. Fucking moron. And salesman Greg Campo at Vic Alfonso - you should have known better asshole, thanks for making my job more difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home